St James' Place Foxhunters Chase Additional Each Way Places
The St James' Place Foxhunters Chase is a race for amateur riders, which is over the same course and distance as the Cheltenham Gold Cup which proceeds it. That's why this race is often called the 'amateur Gold Cup.' The domain of hunter chasers and class point-to-point racers, this race is always a highlight of Gold Cup Friday 16th October 2019. With fields of up to 24 runners
in recent years, online bookmakers are always happy to give punters real value in this race, especially as it's one of the highlights of the Cheltenham Festival, so expect 4 places or potentially even 5 places each way on the St James' Place Foxhunters Chase. Of course, offering 4 places each way or sometimes even 5 places each way
at the Foxhunters Chase is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2019 Cheltenham Festival new customer
registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2019 St James' Place Foxhunters Chase 4
or 5 Places Each Way
The St James' Place Foxhunters Chase features amateur riders only, but since 2010 both Sam Twiston-Davies and Bryony Frost have won this race prior to turning professional. This race is the highlight of the amateur rider season as it's run over the same course and distance as the Cheltenham Gold Cup. In recent runnings On the Fringe trained by Irish cross-country legend Enda Bolger has dominated this race with consecutive wins in 2015 and 2016 under Nina Carberry. On The Fringe was also the 11/8F favourite in 2017, but was beaten by the Paul Nicholls trained Pacha Du Polder under the now professional Bryony Frost.
With anything up to 24 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers payout the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds or more often 1/5 odds for this amateur jockey chase. However with the St James' Place Foxhunters Chase being one of the biggest races at the Cheltenham Festival for each-way betting, a growing number of bookmakers over recent seasons have promoted an additional place, with 4 or even 5 places possible for the 2019 running. Remember online bookmakers have a new customer
war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 5 places covers circa 20% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2019
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- Only available
to new and eligible customers.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
St James' Place Foxhunters Chase Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots.
With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy online punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2017 renewal of the St James' Place Foxhunters Chase saw 23 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
4 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power.
3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
3 places each way - 1/5 odds: William Hill.
Here's a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 3 places each way in the St James' Place Foxhunters Chase from 2017 onwards:
- 2017: 4th On The Fringe 11/8F
St James' Place Foxhunters Chase Recent Results:
2017 Pacha Du Polder Bryony Frost PF Nicholls 16/1 23 runners
2016 On The Fringe Ms N Carberry E Bolger 13/8F 24 runners
2015 On The Fringe Ms N Carberry E Bolger 6/1 24 runners
2014 Tammys Hill Mr JJ Smith L Lennon 15/2 24 runners
2013 Salsify Mr CJ Sweeney R Sweeney 2/1F 23 runners
2012 Salsify Mr CJ Sweeney R Sweeney 7/1 22 runners
2011 Zemsky Mr D O'Connor IR Ferguson 33/1 24 runners
2010 Baby Run S Twiston-Davies NA Twiston-Davies 9/2 24 runners