Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase Additional Each Way Places
Update 14.3.18 - at
present no bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each
way for this race.
The Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase is a unique spectacle on Ladies Day, Wednesday 14th April 2018 at the Cheltenham Festival. Run on the gruelling Cross-Country course over 3-and-a-half miles, the race features 32 obstacles. Previously a handicap, the race is now a conditions race and it's a popular follow-up to the Queen Mother Chase. For the 2018 Cheltenham Festival any field approaching 16
or more runners is very likely to see 4 places each way offered by online bookmakers, meaning an additional place over and above the standard 3 places each way. Of course, offering 4 places each way in the Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will undoubtedly drive 2018 Cheltenham Festival new customer
registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2018 Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase 4 Places Each Way
The Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase was introduced into the Cheltenham Festival as recently as 2005 and it's a stand-out race on the basis it's run over Cheltenham's magnificent Cross-Country course. Nina Carberry is the renowned Cross Country jockey having won this race 4 times, but watch out for any Enda Bolger trained runners as the County Limerick trainer is the renowned cross country master trainer. Indeed he's saddled 5 winners of the Glenfarclas and 2016 saw him win with Josie's Orders. Bolger though these days is undoubtedly being challenged by a group of mainstream trainers who see this Cross Country Chase as a huge opportunity to saddle a Cheltenham Festival winner. The trio of Phillip Hobbs, Richard Johnson and Balthazar King won this both 2012 and 2014. The 'Codd Father' Jamie Codd rode Gordon Elliott-trained Cause of Causes to victory in this in 2017.
With anything up to 16 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers up until now have paid the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds or more commonly these days 1/5 odds for this Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase. However 2018 could see this change, as the competitive nature of the online bookmaker industry would make any field of 16 runners rife for an additional each way place. We could certainly see 4 places each way for the Cross Country Chase in 2018. It's worth remembering as a punter that the big online bookmakers have a new customer war-chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 4 places covers circa 25% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2018
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value provided by online bookmakers across the major
National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost
in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who
love to back big priced long-shots. With some High Street bookmakers
still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms,
knowledgeable punters have been using online bookmakers who have been
offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2018 renewal of the Cross Country Chase could be the first year that sees online bookmakers offering extended each way place for the first time.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
- 3 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power, William Hill.
Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase Recent Results:
2017 Cause of Causes. Mr JJ Codd, G Elliott, 4/1, 16 runners
2016 Josies Orders. N Carberry, D Bolger, 15/8F, 16 runners
2015 Rivage D'Or. DN Russell, AJ Martin, 16/1, 16 runners
2014 Balthazar King. R Johnson, PJ Hobbs, 4/1, 16 runners
2013 Big Shu. BM Cash, P Maher, 14/1, 16 runners
2012 Balthazar King. R Johnson, PJ Hobbs, 11/2, 16 runners
2011 Sizing Australia. AE Lynch, H de Bromhead, 13/2, 15 runners
2010 A New Story. AP Heskin, M Hourigan, 25/1, 16 runners