JCB Triumph Hurdle Additional Each Way Places
Update 16.3.18 - at
present no bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each
way for this race.
The JCB Triumph Hurdle is always the first race on Gold Cup Day Friday 16th March 2018, at the Cheltenham Festival. This Grade 1 race features the very best juvenile hurdlers and is run over 2 miles and 1 furlong with 8 hurdles to clear. The Triumph Hurdle is always the ultimate test for any 4 year-old juvenile, as the cream of their generation fight it out for supremacy up Cheltenham's famous hill finish. With big fields of up to 23 runners
in recent years, online bookmakers are always happy to give punters real value in this race, especially as it's the opening race of Gold Cup day, so expect 4 places each way on the JCB Triumph Hurdle. Of course, offering 4 places each way
at the JCB Triumph Hurdle is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2018 Cheltenham Festival new customer
registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2018 JCB Triumph Hurdle 4 Places Each Way
The JCB Triumph Hurdle offers-up a Grade 1 prize for the first race on Cheltenham Golf Cup Day. Katchit (who went on to win a Champion Hurdle), Celestial Halo, Zarkandar, Peace And Co and Ivanovich Gorbatov have all been high-profile winners since 2007. 2017 saw vaunted favourite Defi Du Seuil bolt-up by 5 lengths. The race which is just over 2 miles is always run at a frantic pace, and the £68,000 first prize
in tandem with the fact that the winner is always classed as the best juvenile hurdler of the year, attracts a strong depth of field. Willie Mullins, Jonjo O'Neill, Alan King, Philip Hobbs (x2), Paul Nicholls, Gordon Elliot and Aiden O'Brien have all trained recent winners, but Nicky Henderson is the undoubted master of the Triumph Hurdle, with 4 winners since 1999.
With anything up to 23 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers payout the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds or more commonly 1/5 odds for this championship hurdle. However with the JCB Triumph Hurdle being the high-profile opener on Gold Cup day, a select group of bookmakers over recent years have promoted an additional place, with 4 places possible for the 2018 running. Remember online bookmakers have a new customer
war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 4 places covers circa 20% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2018
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
JCB Triumph Hurdle Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots.
With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy online punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
Both the 2016 and 2017 renewals of the JCB Triumph Hurdle saw 15 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
4 places each way - 1/4 odds: Stan James
3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
3 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power, William Hill.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
4 places each way: bet365
3 places each way: Betfair Sportsbook, Betfred, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Stan James, Sky Bet, Totesport, William Hill.
Here's a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 3 places each way in the JCB Triumph Hurdle from 2016 onwards:
- 2016: 4th Let's Dance 11/1
- 2017: 4th Ex Patriot 28/1
JCB Triumph Hurdle Recent Results:
2017 Defi Du Seuil R Johnson PJ Hobbs 5/2F 15 runners
2016 Ivanovich Gorbatov BJ Geraghty AP O'Brien 9/2F 15 runners
2015 Peace And Co BJ Geraghty NJ Henderson 2/1F 16 runners
2014 Tiger Roll DN Russell G Elliott 10/1 15 runners
2013 Our Conor BJ Cooper DT Hughes 4/1 17 runners
2012 Countrywide Flame DC Costello JJ Quinn 33/1 20 runners
2011 Zarkandar DA Jacob PF Nicholls 13/2 23 runners
2010 Soldatino BJ Geraghty NJ Henderson 6/1 17 runners