Ballymore Novices' Hurdle Additional Each Way Places
The Ballymore Novices' Hurdle,
formerly the Neptune Novices' Hurdle, is the opening race on Ladies Day, Wednesday 14th September 2019 at the Cheltenham Festival. Registered as the Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle, it's a Grade 1 race run over 2 and a half miles for enterprising novice hurdlers. Won recently by the Mullins trained superstars Faugheen and Yorkhill, the race has varied in entry numbers from as few as 8 in 2013 - the year
that The New One triumphed - through to 17 back in 2010 and 2012. For the 2019 Cheltenham Festival any field approaching 15
or more runners is very likely to see 4 places each way offered by online bookmakers, meaning an additional place over and above the standard 3 places each way. Of course, offering 4 places each way in the Ballymore is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will undoubtedly drive 2019 Cheltenham Festival
new customer registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2019 Ballymore Novices' Hurdle 4 Places Each Way
The Ballymore Novices' Hurdle has seen plenty of quality winners over the years. Danoli, Istabraq and Hardy Eustace have all won this in their novice year. Since 2010, Simonsig, The New One, Faugheen and Yorkhill have all triumphed for Nicky Henderson, Nigel Twiston-Davies and Willie Mullins respectively. Simonsig went on to win the 2012 Arkle, Faugheen the 2015 Champion Hurdle plus 2016 Irish Champion Hurdle, with 2016-winner Yorkhill winning the JLT in 2017. Willoughby Court beat 2/1 favourite Neon Wolf in 2017. The Ballymore Novices' Hurdle really is an indicator of true quality and acts as a Grade 1 stepping-stone to ongoing Cheltenham Festival success in the main.
With anything up to 17 runners across recent stagings, online bookmakers up until now have paid the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds and more commonly 1/5 odds for this Ballymore Novices' championship hurdle. However 2019 could see this change as the competitive nature of the online bookmaker industry would make any field of 15 or more runners rife for an additional each way place. We could certainly see 4 places each way for the Ballymore in 2019. It's worth remembering as a punter that the big online bookmakers have a new customer war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 4 places covers circa 25% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2019
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Ballymore Novices' Hurdle Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value provided by online bookmakers across the major
National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost
in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who
love to back big priced long-shots. With some High Street bookmakers
still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms,
knowledgeable punters have been using online bookmakers who have been
offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2019 renewal of the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle could be the year that sees online bookmakers offering extended each way place for the first time.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
- 3 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power, William Hill.
Ballymore Novices Hurdle Recent Results:
2017 Willoughby Court. B Pauling, 14/1, 15 runners
2016 Yorkhill. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 3/1F, 11 runners
2015 Windsor Park. DN Russell, DK Weld, 9/2, 10 runners
2014 Faugheen. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 6/4F. 15 runners
2013 The New One. S Twiston-Davies, N Twiston-Davies, 7/2, 8 runners
2012 Simonsig. BJ Geraghty,
N Henderson, 2/1F, 17 runners
2011 First Lieutenant. DN Russell, MF Morris, 7/1, 12 runners
2010 Peddlers Cross. JM Maguire, D McCain Jnr, 7/1, 17 runners