Grand National 6 Places Each Way
Grand National 2021 – Ante-Post Summary:
Bookmakers typically extend their each-way places for the Grand National some time during the week of the race itself, we’ll detail any Grand National 6 places each way updates, or if anyone extends to 7 places each way, in the table below as soon as they’re confirmed. Updated 09:00GMT 25.2.21 but subject to change.
Important note – bets placed prior to this date or in bookmaker shops may have different each-way terms, please check your bet carefully.
Grand National Each Way Options - 2021
|Bookmaker||Ante-Post Each Way Terms||New Customer Offer|
|bet365||5 Places Each Way, 1/4 Odds||Further Details|
|Boylesports||5 Places Each Way, 1/5 Odds||Further Details|
|Paddy Power||5 Places Each Way, 1/5 Odds||Further Details|
|Betfair||5 Places Each Way, 1/5 Odds||Further Details|
|Betfred||5 Places Each Way, 1/5 Odds||Further Details|
Here at 6 Places Each Way, we want to bring you the best content and offers available. To help us to keep the website running as a free service, some advertisers may pay us a commission if you use the links provided on any of our pages.
Grand National Betting Options
It’s important to note that High Street bookmakers have different each-way terms in their shops and the best value terms are undoubtedly to be found online using the bookmakers listed above. Bookmaker welcome offers are often reduced or removed as the Grand National approaches so you can check the latest offers using the links in the table above.
1/4 odds versus 1/5 odds
Aside from the number of each-way places that bookmakers offer for the Grand National, they also state the calculation determining what proportion of the odds you’ll get returned if your horses finishes in the each-way paying places.
Some bookmakers offer 1/4 odds; others offer 1/5 odds – in a situation where you’re getting the same number of each way places, 1/4 odds pays 25% more than 1/5 odds in terms of the return you’ll receive from an each way place – so in general 1/4 odds is the best option.
However, some bookmakers offer you an additional place for taking the 1/5 odds which then creates an interesting dilemma! The choice as a punter is yours of course, do you trade the reduced return for an extra place? There’s no right or wrong answer here as both sides can be argued.
Grand National 10 Places Each Way
For the 2019 Grand National, bet365 offered unbelievably strong terms for punters with their innovative Each Way Extra option offering punters a Grand National 10 places each way option!
- Each Way Extra gives you the option to increase or decrease the number of places in a race when you are betting Each Way on selected Horse Races at bet365.
- When you use Each Way Extra you can add places to your Each Way Horse Racing bets and take a reduced price or remove places and increase the odds on your selection.
- The number of Each Way Extra places offered on a race can be viewed on the Each Way Extra coupon or on the bet slip.
- Each Way Extra bets will not be eligible for bet365 Price Promise, Best Odds Guaranteed, ITV Racing 4/1 Offer or Feature Race 4/1 Offer, except where a new or eligible customer selects place terms that match the standard Win and Each Way market for that race. Where Enhanced Place Terms are offered on a race and selected by a new or eligible customer, Best Odds Guaranteed, ITV Racing 4/1 Offer and Feature Race 4/1 Offer will apply.
- T&Cs apply – for further details read more here.
If this option becomes available for the 2021 race then we’ll detail it on this page once confirmed.
Grand National 6 Places Each Way 2021
It’s easier than you might think to get 6 or maybe even 7 Places Each Way on the Grand National, Open Championship and The Masters to name just a few of the biggest sporting events.
Each way betting has always been hugely popular – after all selecting outsiders to place at huge odds can be particularly profitable and great fun when your long-shot finishes in the paying positions. However, these days many online bookmakers increase the number of each way places offered across the Grand National and other sports, in particular golf. 6PlacesEachWay.co.uk takes you through all of the big events, helping you to maximise your profits and capture the very best prices, number of each-way places and new account opening bookmaker promotions.
The Grand National is the biggest horse race on the planet and it’s also the biggest race in terms of betting with well over £150 million in bets placed across the 40 horse field each year.
The Jockey Club stated in 2013 that in Handicap Races with more than 16 runners, each way terms should be 1/4 odds on places 1-2-3-4. Traditionally 4 places each way at 1/4 odds has always been the betting terms at the Grand National and you’ll still pick up these terms on course at Aintree or in any Coral, Ladbrokes or William Hill betting shop up and down the country.
The 2017 Grand National saw for the first time ever a number of online bookmakers going 6 places each way. Both BetVictor (1/4 odds) and Paddy Power (1/5 odds) offered standout Grand National 6 places each way offers, with bet365 for the first time also offering an option of 5 (standard default) and 6 places each way (both full 1/4 odds) markets.
Since 2011, BetVictor from late March prior to the race itself, have offered 6 places each way at the Grand National, both for ante-post bets placed up to the Friday before the race and for bets placed on the day. This is an unbeatable proposition which has revolutionised Grand National betting. So why take 4 places each way on the High Street, or with other internet bookmakers, when you can maximise your chances of profit with 6 places paid with BetVictor?
Not surprisingly, the Gibraltar-based bookmaker have seen their active customer numbers skyrocket in recent times, simply on the basis that their Grand National offering is unbeatable! The 2021 Grand National may well see BetVictor go 6 places each way as per previous years as the race approaches. We will announce this as soon as they confirm their details.
Will the BetVictor Grand National 6 places each way offer run in 2021? Watch this space…
BetVictor Grand National 6 Places Each Way
Below you can see the each way places offered by the leading online bookmakers since 2013. Since 2011 BetVictor have led the field when it comes to giving Grand National punters unbeatable value. 2018 though saw the stakes raised across the industry with 6 places each way a reality across a number of the leading bookmakers online. Will a brave bookmaker offer a Grand National 7 places each way option at the 2021 race? We shall see…!
- 2020: Race Cancelled.
- 2019: 7 Places EW 1/5 odds: Unibet; 6 Places EW 1/5 odds: 888Sport, Betfair Sportsbook, Betfred, BetVictor, Boylesports, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, William Hill, Totesport 1/4 odds); 5 Places EW 1/4 odds: bet365 (5 up to 10 places market options); 5 Places EW: 1/5 odds Skybet.
- 2018: 6 Places EW: 888Sport, Betfred, BetVictor, Boylesports, Paddy Power, Totesport (1/5 odds), bet365 (5 or 6 places market option, 1/4 odds); 5 Places EW: Coral, Ladbrokes, William Hill (1/4 odds), Betfair Sportsbook (1/5 odds); 4 Places EW: Unibet.
- 2017: 6 Places EW: BetVictor (1/4 odds), Paddy Power (1/5 odds),bet365 (5 or 6 places market option, 1/4 odds); 5 Places EW: Betfair Sportsbook, Coral, Ladbrokes, Stan James, Sky Bet, William Hill ; 4 Places EW: Betfred, Totesport.
- 2016: 6 Places EW: BetVictor; 5 Places EW 888sport, bet365, Betfair Sportsbook, Boylesports, Coral, Ladbrokes (online only), Paddy Power, Sportingbet, Stan James, Unibet; 4 Places EW: Betfred, Totesport, William Hill.
- 2015: 6 Places EW: BetVictor; 5 Places EW 888sport, bet365, Betfair Sportsbook, Boylesports, Ladbrokes (online only), Paddy Power, Sportingbet, Stan James, Sky Bet, Unibet, Coral; 4 Places EW: Betfred, Totesport, William Hill.
- 2014: 6 Places EW: BetVictor; 5 Places EW: 888sport, bet365, Betfair Sportsbook, Boylesports, Coral, Ladbrokes (online only), Paddy Power, Stan James, Sky Bet, Unibet; 4 Places EW: Betfred, Coral, Totesport, William Hill.
- 2013: 6 Places EW: BetVictor; 5 Places EW: 888sport, bet365, Boylesports, Paddy Power, Sky Bet, Unibet; 4 Places EW: Betfred, Coral, Stan James, Ladbrokes, Totesport, William Hill.
Here’s a breakdown of the horses and their prices that BetVictor have paid out on over and above the standard 4 places each way in the Grand National since 2013:
- 2020: Race Cancelled.
- 2019: 5th Anibale Fly 10/1, One For Arthur 20/1
- 2018: 5th Milansbar 25/1, Road To Riches 33/1
- 2017: 5th Gas Line Boy 50/1, 6th Vieux Lion Rouge 12/1
- 2016: 5th Goonyella 12/1, 6th Ucello Conti 25/1
- 2015: 5th Shutthefrontdoor 7/1F, 6th Royale Knight 20/1
- 2014: 5th Rocky Creek 16/1, Chance Du Roy 33/1
- 2013: 5th Rare Bob 16/1, 6th Swing Bill 80/1
So BetVictor customers have received some huge additional returns, simply by backing their fancy with them.
n 2011, BetVictor were the first bookmaker in history to pay out 6 places each way and it seriously cost them as The Midnight Runner finished 6th. That delivered a profitable 15/8 place return for a legion of punters who’d had the foresight to back the favourite with BetVictor.
Swing Bill finished 6th in 2013 at 80/1 (20/1 for the place) and 2014 saw the well-backed Chance Du Roy finish 6th at 33/1. Only BetVictor backers received just over 8/1 for the Philip Hobbs horse.
2015 and 2016 saw the trend of double-digit priced horses finishing in the additional 6th place, with Royale Knight (20/1) and Ucello Conti (25/1) delivering 5/1 and 6/1 place returns for punters who were astute enough to use BetVictor.
Since then, Gas Line Boy (50/1), Vieux Lion Rouge (12/1), Milansbar (25/1), Road To Riches (33/1), Anibale Fly 10/1 and One For Arthur (20/1) have all produced each-way returns for punters astute enough to use a bookmaker offering a Grand National 6 places each way option.
Remember that backers of all of these horses with other online bookmakers who didn’t extend beyond the standard 4 places each way received no payout.
Golf 10 Places Each Way Offers
The Grand National isn’t the only sporting event where selected bookmakers offer extended each way terms.
Golf is a hugely popular betting sport which sits only behind football and horse racing in terms of market size. The standard industry each way terms are 5 places each way 1/4 odds for a normal full-field event of 156 players. However many of the leading online bookmakers now offer up to 10 places each way across the Major Championships including The Masters, US Open, Open Championship and the US PGA Championship.
The additional each way action doesn’t just extend to the Major Championships either, as other huge tournaments including all of the World Golf Championship strokeplay events, The Players Championship, the BMW PGA Championship, the Irish Open and plenty of PGA and European Tour weekly action has selected bookmakers offering extra place propositions. You just need to know where to look.
With players up to 500/1 quite frequently winning and placing in tournaments on the PGA Tour and European Tour, knowledgeable each way golf betting can be exceptionally profitable. Find out more detail at our Golf 10 Places Each Way pages on the main menu.