Gold Cup Additional Each Way Places
Update 16.3.2018 -
the following bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way
for the Cheltenham Gold Cup:
4 places EW, 1/5 odds. New customer offer:
Bet £10 Get £30 -
claim here, 18+, T&Cs apply.
Coral New Customer Offer - Significant Terms: 18+. New customers only. 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £10 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned.
Also at 4 places each
way, 1/5 odds we have the following bookmakers:
William Hill, Paddy
are offering two options - a standard 3 places, 1/4 odds market
or an alternative 4 places, 1/4 odds market with different odds.
when published but subject to change if there are non-runners.
Please check the details of your bet carefully before placing.
Additional Gold Cup Offers
70/1 Might Bite to win the Gold Cup - £1 Max Bet. 18+, T&Cs apply -
claim here using promo code YHRC16
New Customers can get Might Bite at an enhanced 70/1 to win the Gold Cup. Max Stake £1. Winnings paid in free bets, valid for 7 days, only deposits with cards/Paypal count. Exchange and multiple bets excluded. T&C’s Apply. 18+|Gamble Aware.
70/1 Might Bite to win the Gold Cup - £1 Max Bet. 18+, T&Cs apply -
claim here using promo code ZHRCDT
New Customers can get Might Bite at an enhanced 70/1 to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Max Stake £1. Winnings paid in free bets, valid for 7 days, only deposits with cards/Paypal count. Exchange and multiple bets excluded. T&C’s Apply. 18+|Gamble Aware.
33/1 Might Bite to win the Gold Cup - £5 Max Bet. 18+, T&Cs apply -
claim here using promo code
New customers only. £10 minimum deposit using promo code BOOST. Qualifying bet must be placed at the normal odds Min bet £5, max bet £5 Extra winnings paid in FREE BETS and added within 72 hrs of qualifying bet settlement. Free bet stakes not included in bet returns. Free bets expire 7 days after credit.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is the highlight of the National Hunt season and is eagerly anticipated as the highlight of the Cheltenham Festival. The 2018 Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup on Friday 16th October 2018 is expected to see an unusually large field and that will ensure that a number of online bookmakers will offer 4 places each way and potentially even 5 places each way at the Cheltenham showpiece race. Despite relatively small fields, a number of online bookmakers are always looking to give their customers value, so more additional each way spots are certainly not out of the question in 2018. So 4 places each way or potentially even 5 places at the 2018 Cheltenham Gold Cup is a distinct possibility as bookmakers look to offer maximum profit opportunity for their customers. It's certainly a promotion which will drive 2018 Cheltenham Festival new customer
numbers for savvy bookmakers.
2018 Gold Cup 4 Places Each Way
The Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase is the Blue Riband race of the National Hunt season. Field sizes have varied from 16 in 2009 and 2015, to just 9 in 2016. 2017 saw 13 runners go to post for the stiff 3 and 1/2 mile race and that creates a huge opportunity for each way punters. The Jockey Club in 2013 stated that in handicap races with more than 16 runners each way terms should be 1/4 odds on places 1-2-3-4. The Gold Cup is no Handicap, BUT for championship races the online bookmakers also tend to use the Jockey Club rule as a guideline. So although nothing is confirmed - as yet - for the 2018 running expect selective bookmakers to offer 4 places each way and potentially 5 places each way on the Cheltenham Gold Cup. 2017 saw Paddy Power offer-up 4 places each-way at 1/5 odds for Gold Cup punters.
With anything as low as 9 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers payout the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds and more commonly 1/5 odds . However the Gold Cup is so popular with punters desperate for a serious bet, that a growing number of bookmakers over recent seasons have promoted an additional place or potentially two, with 4 or even 5 places at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Naturally 4 places covers circa 25% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2018
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Gold Cup Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots.
With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy online punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2017 renewal of the Cheltenham Gold Cup saw 13 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
4 places each way - 1/5 odds: Paddy Power.
3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
3 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, William Hill.
Here's a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid
out on over and above the standard 3 places each way in the Gold Cup from 2017 onwards:
Cheltenham Gold Cup Recent Results:
2017 Sizing John RM Power Mrs J Harrington 7/1 13 runners
2016 Don Cossack BJ Cooper G Elliott 9/4F 9 runners
2015 Coneygree Nd Boinville M Bradstock 7/1 16 runners
2014 Lord Windermere DN Russell JH Culloty 20/1 13 runners
2013 Bobsworth BJ Geraghty NJ Henderson 11/4F 9 runners
2012 Synchronised AP McCoy JJ O'Neill 8/1 14 runners
2011 Long Run S Waley-Cohen NJ Henderson 7/2F 13 runners
2010 Imperial Commander P Brennan NA Twiston-Davies 7/1 11 runners
2009 Kauto Star R Walsh PF Nicholls 7/4F 16 runners
2008 Denman S Thomas PF Nicholls 9/4 12 runners