Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Additional Each Way Places
The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual is traditionally the 28th and final race of the Cheltenham Festival, on Friday 16th October 2019. A Grade 3 chase, it is run over Cheltenham's New Course over 2 miles. The oldest race at the Festival - it was first run in 1834 - the race is named in memory of Johnny Henderson, Nicky Henderson's father. With big fields of up to 24 runners
in recent years, online bookmakers are always happy to give punters real value in this race, especially as it's one of the handicap highlights of the Cheltenham Festival, so expect 5 places each way on the Grand Annual. Of course, offering 5 places each way
at the Grand Annual is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2019 Cheltenham Festival new customer
registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2019 Johnny Henderson Grand Annual
5 Places Each Way
The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual is most famous for being the last race of the Cheltenham Festival. A large field handicap chase, with 24 runners the norm, the race throws-up plenty of long priced winners with only one favourite winning across the past 8 renewals. With the race named after Nicky Henderson's father Johnny, this is clearly an emotional race for the Seven Barrows trainer. Wins in 2006 with Greenhope and in 2012 with Savello, brought the house down. 2017 saw Rock The World, end a wonderful Festival for both jockey Robbie Power and trainer Jessica Harrington.
With anything up to 24 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers payout the standard 4 places each way at 1/4 odds this handicap chase. However the Johnny Henderson Grand Annual is so popular with punters desperate for a serious bet, that a bookmaker may well introduce an additional place, with 5 places more than likely for the 2019 Grand Annual. Naturally 5 places covers circa 20% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2019
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots.
With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy online punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2019 renewal of the Grand Annual could be the first year that sees online bookmakers offering extended each way places for the first time.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
4 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfair Sportsbook, Betfred, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Totesport, William Hill.
Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Recent Results:
2017 Rock The World RM Power Mrs J Harrington 11-5 10/1 24 runners
2016 Solar Impulse S Twiston-Davies PF Nicholls 11-0 28/1 24 runners
2015 Next Sensation T Scudamore M Scudamore 11-2 16/1 20 runners
2014 Savello DN Russell AJ Martin 11-5 16/1 23 runners
2013 Alderwood AP McCoy T Mullins 10-11 3/1F 23 runners
2012 Bellvano P Carberry NJ Henderson 10-2 20/1 21 runners
2011 Oiseau de Nuit Mr S Clements CL Tizzard 11-6 40/1 23 runners
2010 Pigeon Island PJ Brennan NA Twiston-Davies 10-1 16/1 19 runners