Kim Muir Handicap Chase Additional Each Way Places
The Kim Muir Handicap Chase always features a large field on St Patrick's Day Thursday 15th October 2019, at the Cheltenham Festival. One of the handicap highlights of any Festival, the Kim Muir is for amateur riders only and is run over 3 miles 2 furlongs with 19 fences. The Kim Muir is always the last race on Festival Thursday and is often a tricky race for punters to read, although each way opportunities are aplenty. With big fields of up to 24 runners in-recent years, online bookmakers are always happy to give punters real value in this race, especially as
its one of the handicap highlights of the Cheltenham Festival, so expect 5 places or potentially even 6 places each way on the Kim Muir Handicap Chase. Of course, offering 5 places each way or sometimes even 6 places each way is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2019 Cheltenham Festival new customer
registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2019 Kim Muir Handicap Chase
5 or 6 Places Each Way
Formally known as the Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup, the Kim Muir Handicap Chase has been a staple of the Cheltenham Festival since the Second World War. In recent years
its been the domain of amateur rider Jamie Codd who has won 4 of the races since 2009. Indeed Codd won with David Pipe trained The Package in 2015 and aboard Cause of Causes wearing the JP McManus colours in 2016. Cause of Causes also provided Gordon Elliot with his first winner in the Kim Muir, with other recent winners provided by David Pipe (x2), Jonjo O'Neill and Nigel Twiston-Davies. Interestingly Willie Mullins or Paul Nicholls have never trained a winner in this race. 2017 saw a shock 40/1 winner with Domesday Book trained by Buckinghamshire trainer Stuart Edmunds beating plenty of handicap chase talent.
With anything up to 24 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers payout the standard 4 places each way at 1/4 odds for this handicap chase. However with the Kim Muir Handicap Chase being one of the most anticipated handicaps at the Cheltenham Festival for each-way betting, a growing number of bookmakers over recent seasons have promoted an additional place, with 5 or even 6 places possible for the 2019 running. Remember online bookmakers have a new customer
war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 5 places covers circa 20% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2019
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra), Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All racing in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra), Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- Only available
to new and eligible customers.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Kim Muir Handicap Chase Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots.
With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy online punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2016 and 2017 renewals of the Kim Muir Handicap Chase saw 22 and 24 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
5 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365
4 places each way - 1/4 odds: Betfred, Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Totesport, William Hill.
2016 Each Way Terms Offered:
5 places each way: bet365
4 places each way: Betfair Sportsbook, Betfred, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Stan James, Sky Bet, Totesport, William Hill.
Here's a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 4 places each way in the Kim Muir Handicap Chase from 2016 onwards:
- 2016: 5th Amigo 33/1
- 2017: 5th Mall Dini 11/2
Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Handicap Chase Recent Results:
2017 Domesday Book Miss G Andrews S Edmunds 11-4 40/1 24 runners
2016 Cause Of Causes Mr JJ Codd G Elliot l 11-9 9/2 22 runners
2015 The Package Mr JJ Codd D Pipe 11-4 9/1 24 runners
2014 Spring Heeled RM McNamara JH Culloty 11-6 12/1 23 runners
2013 Same Difference Mr R Hatch NA Twiston-Davies 11-7 16/1 24 runners
2012 Sunnyhillboy Mr AJ Berry JJ O'Neill 11-11 13/2F 23 runners
2011 Junior Mr JJ Codd D Pipe 11-6 100/30F 24 runners
2010 BallaBriggs Mr RO Harding D McCain Jnr 11-12 9/1 24 runners