Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle Additional Each Way Places
Update 15.3.2018 - the following bookmakers have extended beyond the standard
3 places each way for the Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle:
4 places EW, 1/5 odds. New customer offer:
Bet £10 Get £30 -
claim here, 18+, T&Cs apply.
Coral New Customer Offer - Significant Terms: 18+. New customers only. 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £10 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned.
Also at 4 places each
way, 1/5 odds we also have the following bookmakers:
when published but subject to change if there are non-runners.
Please check the details of your bet carefully before placing.
The Sun Bets Stayers Chase is the championship race on St Patricks Day Thursday 15th March 2018, at the 2018 Cheltenham Festival. Run over a stretching 3 miles on the Cheltenham New Course, the Stayers is a Grade 1 race, which became a feature of the modern day Festival as recently as 1972. This is the maximum distance for hurdles races and features a rare breed of horse who have both the speed and the stamina, to see out the tough 3-mile Cheltenham trip. For the 2018 Cheltenham Festival any field approaching 12/13 runners is very likely to see 4 places each way offered by online bookmakers, meaning an additional place over and above the standard 3 places each way. Of course, offering 4 places each way in the Sun Bets Stayers hurdle is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2018 Cheltenham Festival new customer
registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2018 Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle 4 Places Each Way
The Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle up until recently has been the Cheltenham Festival championship race, which has been out of the limelight. Big Buck's though changed all of that. A winner of the Stayers' Hurdle over 4 consecutive years between 2009-2013, Big Buck's became a huge National Hunt star off the back of those domineering performances. He also provided Ruby Walsh with 4 Cheltenham Festival championship races wins to boot. Since Big Buck's. Thistlecrack provided one of the performances of the 2016 Festival when he won at Evens for Colin Tizzard. 2017 saw Ruby Walsh win the JLT on Yorkhill, the Ryanair on Un De Sceaux and then pilot Nicholls Canyon to a huge victory over the odds-on Unowhatimeanharry. He won the Novices' Mares Hurdle as well to make it 4 wins on St Patricks Day.
With anything up to 16 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers up until now have paid the standard 3 places
each way at 1/4 odds or increasingly commonly 1/5 odds for this Stayers
Hurdle. However 2018 could see this change, as the competitive nature of the
online bookmaker industry would make any field of 12+ runners rife for an
additional each way place. We could certainly see 4 places each way for the
Stayers Hurdle in 2018. It's worth remembering as a punter, that the big online bookmakers have a new customer
war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 4 places covers circa 25% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2018
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots.
With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy online punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2018 renewal of the Stayers Hurdle could be the first year that sees online bookmakers offering extended each way place for the first time.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
3 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power, William Hill.
Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle Recent Results:
2017 Nicholls Canyon R Walsh WP Mullins 10/1 12 runners
2016 Thistlecrack T Scudamore CN Tizzard EvsF 12 runners
2015 Cole Harden G Sheehan W Greatrex 14//1 16 runners
2014 More Of That B Geraghty Jonjo O'Neill 15/2 10 runners
2013 Solwhit P Carberry C Byrnes 17/2 13 runners
2012 Big Buck's R Walsh PF Nicholls 5/6F 11 runners
2011 Big Buck's R Walsh PF Nicholls 10/11F 13 runners
2010 Big Buck's R Walsh PF Nicholls 5/6F 14 runners