Unibet Champion Hurdle Additional Each Way Places
Update 13.3.18 - at
present no bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each
way for this race.
Other offers for this
CHAMPION HURDLE - BUVEUR D'AIR 50/1 TO WIN, £1 MAX BET
- UK+IRE New Customers Only. Winning bets paid in cash based on the normal price on the Coral website. Enhanced odds paid in free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. Losing £5 free bet excludes Coral Connect. T&Cs Apply.
New customers only qualify – for further details click here.
Champion Hurdle is traditionally the first 'Championship Race' of the Cheltenham Festival. Featuring the best speed hurdlers in the sport, the race is always a highlight of the season
and is raced over Cheltenham's stretching 2 mile hurdle course. Despite relatively small fields, a number of online bookmakers are always looking to give their customers value, so an additional each way spot is certainly not out of the question in 2018. So 4 places each way at the 2018 Champion Hurdle is a distinct possibility as bookmakers look to offer maximum profit opportunity for their customers.
2018 Unibet Champion Hurdle 4 Places Each Way
The Unibet Champion Hurdle in recent years has been the preserve of the very best trainers in the industry. Yes Jessica Harrington and Jezki turned over both the formbook and Hurricane Fly in 2014 at 9/1, but across the other 7 renewals this championship race has been the domain of Willie Mullins (x4), Nicky Henderson (x2) and Paul Nicholls. Hurricane Fly, Faugheen and Annie Power have provided the winners for Mullins, with Buveur D'Air winning impressively for Henderson 12 months ago. Naturally the 7 year-old goes for his second-straight Champion Hurdle in 2018, with the rest of the field having it all to do if they want to stop the Champion Hurdle to Seven Barrows for consecutive years.
With anything up to 12 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers pay out the standard 3 places each way at either 1/4 odds or more often 1/5 odds for this level-weight race. However the Champion Hurdle is so popular with punters desperate for a serious bet, that a bookmaker may well introduce an additional place
with 4 places likely for the 2018 Champion Hurdle. Naturally 4 places covers circa 25% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2018
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Unibet Champion Hurdle Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots. With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2017 renewal of the Champion Hurdle saw 11 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
4 places each way - 1/5 odds: Skybet.
- 3 places each way - 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
- 3 places each way - 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power, William Hill.
Here's a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 3 places each way in the Champion Hurdle from 2017 onwards:
Champion Hurdle Recent Results:
2017 Buveur D'Air ND Fehily NJ Henderson 5/1 11 runners
2016 Annie Power R Walsh WP Mullins 5/2F 12 runners
2015 Faugheen R Walsh WP Mullins 4/5F 8 runners
2014 Jezki BJ Geraghty Mrs J Harrington 9/1 9 runners
2013 Hurricane Fly R Walsh WP Mullins 13/8F 9 runners
2012 Rock On Ruby ND Fehily PF Nicholls 11/1 10 runners
2011 Hurricane Fly R Walsh WP Mullins 11/4 11 runners
2010 Binocular AP McCoy NJ Henderson 9/1 12 runners