*Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Used 4995 times.
Mares' Hurdle 4 Places Each Way
Mares’ Hurdle Additional Each Way Places
Update 10.3.20: due to the small field size, no bookmakers are extending their each way terms for this race beyond the standard 3 places each way. However, bet365 do offer their ‘Each Way Extra’ product with this race, meaning that you can choose anything up to 5 places each-way on the Mares’ Hurdle.
- Each Way Extra gives you the option to increase or decrease the number of places in a race when you are betting Each Way on selected Horse Races at bet365.
- When you use Each Way Extra you can add places to your Each Way Horse Racing bets and take a reduced price or remove places and increase the odds on your selection.
- The number of Each Way Extra places offered on a race can be viewed on the Each Way Extra coupon or on the bet slip.
- Each Way Extra bets will not be eligible for bet365 Price Promise, Best Odds Guaranteed, ITV Racing 4/1 Offer or Feature Race 4/1 Offer, except where a new or eligible customer selects place terms that match the standard Win and Each Way market for that race. Where Enhanced Place Terms are offered on a race and selected by a new or eligible customer, Best Odds Guaranteed, ITV Racing 4/1 Offer and Feature Race 4/1 Offer will apply.
T&Cs apply. For full details of this offer click here.
The OLBG Mares’ Hurdle is always one of the highlights of Champion Tuesday at the Cheltenham Festival.
The race, which was only established in 2008 and is known officially as the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle, is a Grade 1 run over 2 miles and 9 hurdles. Now synonymous with Irish trainer Willie Mullins who has dominated since 2009, the OLBG Mares’ Hurdle always tends to be the last part of a Tuesday accumulator for Festival punters which includes the Supreme, Arkle, Champion Hurdle and the Mares’ race.
With fields of up to 19 runners in recent years, online bookmakers are always looking to start the Cheltenham Festival with a bang by giving away opening race offers including 4 places each way on the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle. Of course, offering 4 places each way at the OLBG Mares’ Hudle is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2020 Cheltenham Festival new customer registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2020 OLBG Mares' Hurdle 4 Places Each Way
Last year’s OLBG Mares’ Hurdle was famous for Apple’s Jade finally breaking the Willie Mullins stranglehold on the race. Gordon Elliott’s 5 year-old beat Vroom Vroom Mag by 1 and a half lengths to end Mullins’ domination which stretched back to 2009. Back then a 5 year-old mare by the name of Quevega went off as the 2/1 favourite and beat United by the mere matter of 14 lengths. She then went on to capture the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle across an amazing record 6 consecutive Cheltenham Festivals – that has never been achieved across any Festival race. Since Quevega in 2014, the 2015 renewal was famous for Annie Power’s fall at the last which saved bookmakers an estimated £100 million from punters who had placed a 4-time Mullins accumulator. Mullins still won that race with second-string Glens Melody and after Vroom Vroom Mag bolted-up in 2016. 2020 will likely see Michael O’Leary owned Apple’s Jade back to defend here crown with Mullin’s trained Let’s Dance set to challenge.
With anything up to 19 runners across recent renewals, online bookmakers pay out the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds or more often 1/5 odds for this Mares’ Hurdle. However with the OLBG Mares’ Hurdle being such a popular race at the Cheltenham Festival, a number of bookmakers may go with an additional place with 4 places possible for the 2020 running. Remember online bookmakers have a new customer war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 5 places covers circa 25% of the field – a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way terms. As soon as this changes we’ll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra), Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel/Colossus (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- Only available to new and eligible customers.
- T&Cs apply. Further details.
bet365 Sportsbook – New Customer Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, you can use bonus code SPORT100 and this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Mares' Hurdle Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value provided by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long-shots. With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, knowledgeable punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2016 renewal of the OLBG Mares’ Hurdle saw 19 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2020 Each Way Terms Offered:
- 3 places each way – 1/5 odds: All bookmakers
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
- 3 places each way – 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
- 3 places each way – 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power, William Hill.
2016 Each Way Terms Offered:
- 5 places each way: bet365, Betfair Sportsbook.
- 4 places each way: Betfair Sportsbook, Betfred, BetVictor, Coral, Paddy Power, Stan James, Sky Bet, Totesport, William Hill.
Here’s a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 3 places each way in the OLBG Mares’ Hurdle from 2016 onwards:
- 2016: 4th Pass The Time 80/1, 5th Gitane Du Berlais 25/1.
David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle Recent Results:
- 2017 Apple’s Jade. BJ Cooper, G Elliott, 7/2, 17 runners
- 2016 Vroom Vroom Mag. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 4/6F, 19 runners
- 2015 Glens Melody. P Townend, WP Mullins, 6/1, 15 runners
- 2014 Quevega. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 8/11F, 16 runners
- 2013 Quevega. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 8/11F, 19 runners
- 2012 Quevega. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 4/7F, 19 runners
- 2011 Quevega. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 5/6F, 14 runners
- 2010 Quevega. R Walsh, WP Mullins, 6/4F, 17 runners