*Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Used 4995 times.
National Hunt Chase 4 Or 5 Places Each Way
National Hunt Chase Additional Each Way Places
The National Hunt Chase is a Grade 2 race for amateur riders, which is traditionally the longest race at the Cheltenham Festival.
Run over the Old Course at a trip of 4 miles and 28 fences, this is a true test of a race. Run now on opening Champion Day Tuesday, the National Hunt Chase has the longest history of any race at the Cheltenham Festival.
With fields of up to 20 runners in recent years, online bookmakers are always happy to give punters real value in this race, especially as it’s one of the highlights of the Cheltenham Festival, so expect 4 places or potentially even 5 places each way on the National Hunt Chase. Of course, offering 4 places each way or sometimes even 5 places each way is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2019 Cheltenham Festival new customer registrations for savvy bookmakers.
2019 National Hunt Chase 4 Or 5 Places
The National Hunt Chase may feature amateur riders only, but talented novice chasers is certainly the order of the day. Take 2016 where Jonjo O’Neill trained Minello Rocco won from Native River with Southfield Royale and Vicente making up the minor places. Cheltenham specialist Cause of Causes won in 2015, going on to win the Kim Muir Chase for Gordon Elliott 12 months later. Teaforthree went off as the 5/1 Fav when it won this race in 2012, going on to finish 2nd in the 2013 Welsh Grand National and 3rd in the 2013 Grand National. Chicago Grey was also a popular winner, again for trainer Gordon Elliot, when it won the 141st running of this back in 2011. 2017 saw another Elliott trained winner in the form of Tiger Roll, who will be a feature in this year’s Cross Country Chase.
With anything up to 20 runners across recent renewals, online bookmakers pay out the standard 3 places each way at 1/4 odds or more often 1/5 odds for this amateur chase. However with the National Hunt Chase being one of the biggest races at the Cheltenham Festival for each-way betting, a growing number of bookmakers over recent seasons have promoted an additional place or two, with 4 or even 5 places possible for the 2019 running. Remember online bookmakers have a new customer war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 5 places covers circa 25% of the field – a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no bookmakers have extended beyond the standard 3 places each way terms. As soon as this changes we’ll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra), Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- Only available to new and eligible customers.
- T&Cs apply. Further details.
bet365 Sportsbook – New Customer Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, you can use bonus code SPORT100 and this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
National Hunt Chase Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value provided by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long-shots. With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, knowledgeable punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years.
The 2017 renewal of the National Hunt Chase saw 18 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
- 4 places each way – 1/4 odds: bet365, Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Totesport.
- 4 places each way – 1/5 odds: BetVictor, Paddy Power.
- 3 places each way – 1/5 odds: Betfair Sportsbook, William Hill.
Here’s a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 3 places each way in the National Hunt Chase from 2017 onwards:
- 2017: 4th Arpege D’alene 12/1.
National Hunt Chase Recent Results:
- 2017 Tiger Roll. Ms L O’Neill, G Elliott, 16/1, 18 runners
- 2016 Minella Rocco. Mr D O’Connor, Jonjo O’Neill, 8/1, 20 runners
- 2015 Cause of Causes. Mr JJ Codd, G Elliott, 8/1, 17 runners
- 2014 Midnight Prayer. Mr J Newman, A King, 8/1, 15 runners
- 2013 Back In Focus. Mr P Mullins, WP Mullins, 9/4F, 16 runners
- 2012 Teaforthree. Mr JT McNamara, Miss R Curtis, 5/1F, 19 runners
- 2011 Chicago Grey. Mr D O’Connor, G Elliott, 5/1F, 16 runners
- 2010 Poker De Sivola. Ms K Walsh, F Murphy, 14/1, 18 runners