Ultima Handicap Chase Additional Each Way Places
Update 13.3.2018 - the following bookmakers have extended beyond the standard
4 places each way for the Ultima Handicap Chase:
5 places EW, 1/5 odds. £/€20 Risk-Free Bet for new customers. 18+, T&Cs apply - claim here using promo code YSKA01
- Paddy Power £/€20 risk-free offer: New customers only. Limited to one per person. If you've previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £/€20. Only deposits made using cards or PayPal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a €10 free bet when you place 5x bets of €10+. T&Cs apply.
Also at 5 places each
way, 1/5 odds we also have the following bookmakers:
when published but subject to change if there are non-runners.
Please check the details of your bet carefully before placing.
The Ultima Handicap Chase, historically known at the Festival Trophy Handicap Chase, is always the first large entry Grade 3 Handicap Chase of the Cheltenham Festival. Scheduled as the third race on the opening Festival Tuesday, the Ultima Chase is a 3 mile chase over 19 fences, which has a historical link to the Grand National due to its length and the fact that 19 fences are jumped.
With fields of up to 23 runners in recent years, online bookmakers are always looking to start the Cheltenham Festival with a bang
by giving away opening day offers including 5 places or potentially even 6 places each way on the Ultima Chase. Of course, offering 5 places each way or sometimes even 6 places each way is an excellent way to offer maximum profit opportunity for punters and is a promotion which will drive 2018 Cheltenham Festival new customer
numbers for savvy bookmakers.
2018 Ultima Handicap 5 or 6 Places Each Way
The Ultima Handicap Chase has seen some quality winners in recent times. Take 2016 and 2017 dual winner trained Un Temps Pour Tout trained by David Pipe. Un Temps Pour Tout had won the French Champion Hurdle in 2015, beating Hurricane Fly and Zarkandar into the bargain, and his wins in the Ultima Chase were the second and third for trainer David Pipe following on from An Accordian in 2008. Jonjo O'Neill trained Holywell won this race in 2014 and went on to finish 4th in the 2016 Cheltenham Gold Cup, highlighting that this 3 mile handicap can be a stepping stone to bigger championship races. Holywell went on to finish runner-up in last year's race, highlighting that O'Neill runners are very adept at this test. Indeed Jonjo has saddled the winner in both 2012 and 2014.
With anything up to 23 runners across recent
renewals, online bookmakers pay out the standard 4 places each way at 1/4 odds or more often 1/5 odds for this handicap chase. However with the Ultima Chase being the first handicap of the Cheltenham Festival, a growing number of bookmakers over recent seasons have promoted an additional place or two, with 5 or even 6 places possible for the 2018 running. Remember online bookmakers have a new customer war chest for the Cheltenham Festival, so offering additional each way places attracts new customers who spot the value to be had. Naturally 5 places covers circa 25% of the field - a situation which can only drive the chances of profit.
At the time of writing, no
bookmakers have extended beyond the standard each way terms. As
soon as this changes we'll confirm details here.
For Cheltenham Ante-Post
punters, bet365 have the most comprehensive horse racing offering:
bet365 Cheltenham Festival Promotions
1/4 odds each-way on ALL 28 Festival Races
- Many other
bookmakers offer 1/5 odds on a number of Festival races whereas
bet365 promise to offer 1/4 odds on ALL 28 races for the 2018
Best Odds Guaranteed on ALL 28 Festival Races Ante-Post
- bet365 offer Best Odds Guaranteed on every horse and greyhound race - every day!
- When you place your bet with bet365, take the price on your selection - and if the SP is bigger they will pay you out at the bigger odds! Ante-Post, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), 'Not to Win', Enhanced Win, Cover Bets and In-Play bets are excluded.
- This offer includes Board Prices, bet365 Early Prices, singles and multiples as well as Showcast bets on all racing where a fixed price is offered. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets (unless otherwise stated) and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. All Australasian Racing is excluded.
- For example, if you take an Early Price of 3/1 and your selection wins at 4/1, you get paid at 4/1!
- T&Cs apply.
ITV Racing 4/1 Offer
- Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing. This offer applies to the FIRST single bet placed by a customer on each race shown live on ITV Racing.
- If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next race televised live on ITV Racing. Keep backing those winners and bet365 will keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50*) will be refunded to your account.
- This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature, any refund amount will be equal to the new stake and not the original stake. Where a risk free bet is changed using Edit Bet, no refund will be given and the offer will no longer apply. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. All other markets, including Ante-Post bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer.
- Bets must be placed in the usual way and can be paid for from either your Withdrawable Balance or Bet Credits. Bets placed from your Withdrawable Balance will be refunded to your Withdrawable Balance and bets placed with Bet Credits will be refunded as Bet Credits.
- *or currency equivalent.
- T&Cs apply.
Sportsbook - New Customer
Offer: Up to £100 in Bet Credits, use bonus code SPORT100 and
this qualifying link to claim.
- New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. Claim your offer here. Simply use SPORT100 in the bonus code section when registering.
Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
* Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
Ultima Handicap Chase Each Way Places Tracker
We track the value dished out by online bookmakers across the major National Hunt races. Extended each way terms gives punters a huge boost in terms of profit potential and is the perfect promotion for those who love to back big priced long shots. With some High Street bookmakers still categorically giving their customers the standard each way terms, savvy punters have been using online bookmakers who have been offering far better value to their customers now for years. The 2017 renewal of the Ultima Chase saw 23 starters go to post and some extended each way place offers were available.
2017 Each Way Terms Offered:
- 5 Places EW 1/4 Odds: bet365, Betfred, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes,
- 5 Places EW 1/5 Odds: Paddy Power, William Hill
- 4 Places EW: Betfair Sportsbook
2016 Each Way Terms Offered:
- 5 places each way: bet365, Betfair Sportsbook, BetVictor, Paddy Power.
- 4 places each way: Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Stan James, Totesport, William Hill.
Here's a breakdown of the horses and their prices that have been paid out on over and above the standard 4 places each way in the Ultima Chase from 2016 onwards:
- 2017: 5th Go Conquer
- 2016: 5th Kruzhlinin 9/1
Festival Trophy Handicap Chase Recent Results
- 2017 Un Temps Pour Tout T Scudamore D Pipe 11-12 9/1 23 runners
- 2016 Un Temps Pour Tout T Scudamore D Pipe 11-7 11/1 23 runners
- 2015 The Druids Nephew B Geraghty NP Mulholland 11-3 8/1 24 runners
- 2014 Holywell R McLernon JJ O'Neill 11-6 10/1 23 runners
- 2013 Golden Chieftain B Powell CL Tizzard 10-5 28/1 24 runners
- 2012 Alfie Sherrin R McLernon JJ O'Neill 10-0 14/1 19 runners
- 2011 Bensalem R Thornton A King 11-2 5/1 19 runners
- 2010 Chief Dan George P Aspell J Moffatt 10-10 33/1 24 runners